Today we’re going to talk about emotional eating and how to gain body freedom. Joining us for this important conversation is special guest Amber Romaniuk who has gained and lost over 1000 pounds. As she overcome her own emotional eating, she discovered many valuable insights into how we can make small changes in our lives and our thought patterns to achieve natural healthy living, physically and emotionally. Today she is an emotional eating, digestive and hormone health expert, as well as the host of the No Sugarcoating Podcast. Tuning in, you’ll hear how Amber’s body image struggles began at the age of five, how women are disempowered and conditioned to be dissatisfied with their bodies, and how depression and anxiety compound the issue of binge eating. You’ll discover how it’s not just emotions that fuel binge eating but physical imbalances as well, what hunger cues may say about insulin resistance, how your sleep patterns may impact your eating patterns and the role of self-care in overcoming binge eating. Whether or not you’re struggling with emotional eating, binge eating, or simply feeling like your relationship with food is not as it should be, tune in today to discover how you too can gain body freedom!
Key Points From This Episode:
- An introduction to Amber Romaniuk and how she managed to lose and gain over 1000 pounds.
- The beginnings of Amber’s body image struggles at the age of five.
- Understanding what binge eating is.
- How to change the self-deprecating unworthiness thoughts that we all have.
- Amber’s thoughts on consumerism disempowerment and our conditioning.
- What Amber wishes she had heard when she was 12.
- How depression and anxiety compound the issue of binge eating
- How Amber realized she was negatively impacting her body’s metabolism and her hormone health with binge eating.
- How it’s not just emotions that fuel binge eating but physical imbalances as well.
- Hunger cues and what they may say about insulin resistance.
- Sleep and gut health and their relation to emotional eating.
- The importance of knowing how to differentiate between physical and emotional hunger.
- The effect of self-care and serotonin on emotional eating.
- What you can do to get past the feeling of wanting to eat for emotional reasons.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: