With rising concerns about the environment, as well as the health risks associated with excessive consumption of red meat, it’s no wonder that there’s been a global trend towards plant-based diets. Making the shift to plant-based meals can be intimidating though, and feeling overwhelmed can stop many people from pursuing this substantial lifestyle change. That’s where today’s guest Melissa Amato comes in. Melissa is a Health And Wellness Coach with first-hand experience of what it’s like to make the transition to a plant-based diet. Her blog, Wellness with Missy, is packed with quick, delicious, and inspiring recipes that have helped countless people transition to regular plant-based meals. Tuning in, you'll hear Melissa’s tips on how to take the first step towards a plant-based lifestyle, from adding more greens to your meals to cutting down on processed foods. We discuss the benefits of making small changes and how those can lead to big results. Melissa also shares some of her favorite recipes for replacing the trickiest meals of the day, like lunch and dinner, and how to make sure it has all the ease, flavor, and familiarity of your regular meals. Join us for an exciting conversation on the potential of plant-based foods, how our taste buds can change, and much more!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Insights into the global trend towards plant-based eating.
- Some of the reasons why people are intimidated by a plant-based diet.
- Examples of small steps anyone can take to follow a more plant-based diet.
- How to add more greens to your diet and cut down on processed foods.
- How small changes will lead to bigger shifts in your diet.
- Some of the adverse health outcomes associated with processed foods.
- Your tastebuds and how changing your diet affects them.
- How Melissa helps her clients swap out existing meals with plant-based meals.
- How to have fun with plant-based flavors and build more nutritious meals.
- A breakdown of how to make a plant-based macaroni and cheese.
- Common concerns around a lack of vitamin B12 on a plant-based diet.
- Learn about the benefits of chlorophyll and the Pure-Lē range of chlorophyll products.
- An overview of the many sources of plant-based protein.
- Why Melissa decided to follow a plant-based vegan lifestyle.
- Melissa’s suggestions on how to make a quick and satisfying plant-based dinner.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: