Be warned: today’s episode is going to make you drool! In part two of my discussion with Health And Wellness Coach, Melissa Amato, she shares the inside scoop on some recipes which will help you make the switch to a (more) plant-based diet. Missy takes us on a journey from breakfast to dinner and dessert, explaining the health benefits of everything from chia seeds to jackfruit. If you’re worried about what you’re going to put on your barbeque, worry no longer! If you have a sweet tooth and can’t stand the thought of giving up chocolate (like me), Missy has a solution! Whatever your reason for switching to a plant-based diet, the recipes in this episode will keep your taste buds happy and your body healthy.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why chia seeds are so good for you.
- An easy recipe for a chia seed based breakfast.
- How to ensure you are absorbing the maximum amount of nutrients in the chia seeds.
- Missy’s thoughts on the baked oats trend.
- Substitutes for the refined sugar and chocolate found in some baked oats recipes.
- The diverse range of ways that jackfruit can be used.
- A fun fact about jackfruit.
- The multitude of health benefits of jackfruit.
- Vegetables and other plant-based alternatives for your barbeque.
- Progress that had been made in the plant-based “meat” and “fish” space over the past few years.
- Examples of delicious desserts you can make without animal products.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: