Seafood is an incredible source of two very important omega fatty acids, EPA and DHA. These fatty acids have a wide range of health benefits, from their anti-inflammatory properties to their ability to enhance your mood! We should be eating more fish, but unfortunately, the commercial fishing industry is largely unsustainable. Today’s guest is part of the drive to change this. Kim Stockburn is the sales and brand manager for Raincoast Trading. Raincoat Trading is not your regular seafood company; their products are all sustainably sourced (as you can tell by the certification proudly displayed on their packaging), and because of the way they are packaged, they hardly give off any smell! They are perfect for school lunches, weekend hikes, or just a snack at home. Tune in today to hear about your new favorite seafood brand!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The health benefits of eating fish.
- Milligrams of EPA and DHA that you should be consuming per day.
- What Kim’s company, Raincoast Trading, does.
- Kim’s favorite Raincoast Trading products.
- Examples of the Raincoast Trading products that are ideal for outdoor adventures.
- Where Kim’s passion for ocean conservation originated.
- Certification which signals that a seafood product is sustainable.
- Gratitude Seafood; the new brand that Kim has recently helped launch.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: