These nutrient-dense foods may correct hormone imbalance in women of all ages and at all stages.
Commonly used as a garnish, this dark-green herb is packed with liver-cleansing antioxidants. The liver is the body’s detoxification powerhouse, and when it’s not functioning well, hormonal imbalance follows.
In fact, without a good level of fat in your diet, stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline can go into over-production. Plus, the medium-chain triglycerides in coconut oil support the production, processing, and maintaining the balance in estrogen and progesterone levels.
A balanced gut supports balanced hormones. Keep your gut biome populated with the bacteria it needs with probiotic-rich foods like bone broth. Made from animal bones, skin, and other inedible parts that are simmered over time, bone broth is a staple of fine cuisine and paleo diets.
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is touted for its high prebiotic content and digestive benefits. Those looking to give their digestion a kick start in the morning drink a mixture of ACV and water—or just ACV for the adventurous! This tangy, sour tonic helps your body convert the protein from food into amino acids, which are the building blocks for hormone creation.
Try a shot or mix ACV with salad dressings or soups to get that extra dose of hormonal support.
Managing hormonal imbalances through good dietary habits is probably the safest and easiest way. Adding these #WholeFoods to your breakfast, lunch or dinner recipes will not just amp up the nutritional value, but also gently nudge your body to course-correct itself.
So, let the healthy fats, proteins and micronutrients in these foods balance the hormones naturally. The results would last longer and may not have as many side effects.
- Hepatoprotective effects of parsley, basil, and chicory aqueous extracts against dexamethasone-induced in experimental rats J Intercult Ethnopharmacol. 2016 Jan-Feb; 5(1): 65–71.
- Parsley Benefits for Immunity, Digestion & More Dr.Axe
- The Effects of Petroselinum Crispum on Estrogen Receptor-positive Benign and Malignant Mammary Cells (MCF12A/MCF7) Anticancer Res. 2017 Jan;37(1):95-102.
- Iodine Fact Sheet for Health Professionals Offices of Dietary Supplements, National Institutes of Health
- Almonds Nutrition: Heart-Healthy Brain Booster or Fat Trap? Dr.Axe
- Health benefits of almonds beyond cholesterol reduction J Agric Food Chem. 2012 Jul 11;60(27):6694-702.
- 6 Steps to Balance Hormones Naturally Dr.Axe
- Coconut oil predicts a beneficial lipid profile in pre-menopausal women in the Philippines Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2011; 20(2): 190–195.
- Dietary fat intake and reproductive hormone concentrations and ovulation in regularly menstruating women Am J Clin Nutr. 2016 Mar; 103(3): 868–877.
- Essential and toxic metals in animal bone broths Food Nutr Res. 2017; 61(1): 1347478.
- Analysis of the Anti-Inflammatory Capacity of Bone Broth in a Murine Model of Ulcerative Colitis Medicina (Kaunas). 2021 Nov; 57(11): 1138.
- Bone Broth Benefits for Digestion, Arthritis and Cellulite Dr.Axe
- The effect of apple cider vinegar on lipid profiles and glycemic parameters: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials BMC Complement Med Ther. 2021; 21: 179.
- Top 12 Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar You Need to Know (Backed by Science) Yuri Elkaim
- Health Benefits of Fish Washington State Department of Health
- Benefits of salmon eating on traditional and novel vascular risk factors in young, non-obese healthy subjects Atherosclerosis. 2007 Jul;193(1):213-21.